Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Big, Bad, Burger Debate

      It is finally time for me to address a very controversial rivalry and which one in my opinion is better.  Yes, it is in fact Burger King vs. McDonalds.  As a child I grew up with McDonalds, my parents rewarded me with a Chicken McNugget Big Kids Meal everytime I succeeded in a sport or school, the one thing that motivated me to do good as a child.  But now that I am a college student and have experienced both worlds I feel as though I am ready to make a decision.  Well lets start off with the burgers, the main course, the king of the castle.  We have the Big Mac, "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions on a sesame seed bun" against the Whopper "flame grilled quarter-pound beef patty, sesame seed bun, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, and sliced onion."  To me the winner is the Whopper.  I first tried the Big Mac in 7th grade and loved it, however I was overwhelmed with the size of it and fitting it into my mouth was a challenge like no other.  The third bun in the burger, confused me, why do I need this?  While the Whopper's flame grilled patty was juicy the condiments on the burger made me feel a sense of joy, this is my home I thought.  It also allowed the selection of a Jr. Whopper in case I decided to be healthy ;).  But we all know this debate will go on forever.



      So in the mean time there are also many categories to be debated with the two fast food restaraunts.  The next big thing is the fry debate.  This round goes to McDonalds.  French fries at McDonalds are everything I want; thin, salty, usually crunchy and had just the perfect flavor.  I would always go with the delicious sweet 'n' sour sauce to dip them in, which I could never find the same sauce anywhere else.  Burger King fries kind of freak me out.  They seem soggy to me and lack the ideal thing of something I like to call flavor.  In other realms, chicken nuggets, McDonalds wins again.  Their nuggets and chicken selects are perfect, I can snack on those puppies all day.  Burger King's nuggies have a weird spice to them, making them taste a little funky, HOWEVER they do have the cutest little crown-shaped nuggets which does make me smile.  McDonalds also has snack wraps which makes me feel healthy in a fast food restaraunt (not sure if they are healthy, but just let me think so) and who can forget their 39 cent ice cream cones, yes people that means three vanilla soft-serve cones for just a little over a dollar! Maybe I am too young and have not experienced the other wonders that Burger King supplies, but as of now McDonalds is the winner of the two burger joints.  Although Burger King does have better commercials, but that's a story for another day...

2 comments:

  1. You've brought back memories for this old lady, who was in college before you were born. Our excitement was Wendy's, which was a new chain in our city. Every drop of my freshman 15, could be attributed to that red haired girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah ah Wendy's definitely one of my favorite places, especially with their new sea salt french fries

    ReplyDelete